With this perspective as a background, the SUDPLAN system and the results worked out by the four project pilots were presented. The second day offered four live demonstrations where the participants were able to consult and discuss the SUDPLAN tool and even upload own data for downscaling of future conditions in their home cities.
The SUDPLAN tool aims at supporting decisions in urban planning, taking into consideration the expected effects of climate change. The presentations and videos shown at the workshop can be downloaded here below.
SUPLAN workshop Wuppertal event programme
Presentations day 1
1. Climate change and challenges in urban, Stefan Greiving
2. Providing reliable estimates of Regional Climate change (for Europe), Colin Jones
3. Environmental Decision Support Systems: A Human Factors Perspective, Steven P. Frysinger
4. Sustainable Urban Development Planner for Climate Change Adaptation, Lars Gidhagen
5. Environmental models used in Common Services, Jonas Olsson et al.
6. Scenario Management System, Sascha Schlobinski
7. Advanced Visualisation in SUDPLAN, Frank Michel
8. Linz Pilot, Günter Gruber et al.
9. The SUDPLAN Wuppertal Pilot, Stefan Sander
10. Stockholm pilot, Christer Johansson
11. Czech Regional Pilot: Air Quality in Prague, Jan Mertl and Vladislav Bízek
Presentations day 2
SUDPLAN workshop Wuppertal Pan-European Common Service
SUDPLAN workshop Rainfall Common Service
SUDPLAN workshop Wuppertal Hydrology demo 01
SUDPLAN workshop Wuppertal Air Quality demo
SUDPLAN Wuppertal pilot video English
SUDPLAN Wuppertal pilot video German
SUDPLAN workshop Wuppertal Linz demo